Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Vintage shadow box

Hello there… thank you for swinging by.

Today I would love to show you an other 3D project created with some recycled items and odds and ends I had left from previous projects and I couldn’t bear to throw out.

I have found that I always find use for those little things to use later on.

Love_1

Usually I try not to post more than 2 pictures but since there are so many details on this shadow box I show off a few more.

On this picture you can see quite well all the Frantage I used. Made it just so much quicker than lining all the squares with patterned paper. I first painted the mini shadow box, which I recycled from one of the Prima wood embellishments with Distress Crackle paint and than added Frantage over it.

I used some vintage hardware findings as hooks on the frame and looped a thick string through it so the frame can be hung or it just can stand on a shelf. You need a strong adhesive (Tacky!!) for that.

Love_3

Most of the Findings are “left overs” from Prima marketing / Recollections or Melissa Frances. There is even a really odd shaped felt branch I could not toss but used on the frame you can’t tell how funny it looked.

There is some stamping going on with the Magnolia love background stamp onto a Doo Hickey Doily cut out and adhered right to the frame which gave me more “surface” to adhere my Tim Holtz metal embellishment from his Idea-ology line and of course Tilda.

Love_2

The large vintage key was picked up at Michaels in the $1 bin. They always go fast. I think they would make awesome housewarming or wedding invites too.

other things used: Flowers by Prima, Distress ink,Heat tool,Versamark, Magnolia Doo Hickey banner, coloring Copic, Stickles in Star dust and Platinum, mounting pads,ivory pins, brads

Love_4

Thank you Smile with Love
Claudia

2 comments: