Wednesday, May 14, 2014

low calorie cookie box

bag_4

The other day when hubby and I finished this new Special K candy he was about to toss the box in the trash and I said to him hold on I think I can make something with it. The colors of the bag reminded me of some Magnolia Design papers I have and I liked the shape of the box. Instead of going through the trouble of remaking the box I just painted it with Gesso leaving on some edges peek the teal still through so my Designer paper was meant to be with the box.

bag_2

On the back side of the box I kept the original closure. I could have covered the lid as well but I wasn’t sure if I could trace the lip that closes the box as nicely back in. It works for me. Over the Gesso I just stamped with a background stamp some texture.

bag_3

Supplies used:
Tilda with Dexter the dragon Animal of the year collection
Studio G mini alphabet stamps
Dies: Magnolia Doo Hickey So Lovely, castle, Vintage flowers and leaves ,  Little Darlings vintage view finder, Tim Holtz butterfly edge.
Paper: Magnolia Ink teal bubble, Magnolia Ink Prince Dragon, butterfly
Other: Seam binding, flowers, gesso, fiskars paper crimper, lace, paper doily, burlap, glue, gems, pearls, liquid pearls, stickles, glossy accents, water color brushes, Frantage, heat tool, scor tape, word window punch

bag_1

shipping right now

2014-animals-collection

No comments:

Post a Comment