Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My birthday calendar

Hello sweets..
today I would love to show you a birthday calendar I made / colored already in December 2013. I wasn’t sure if I am going to show the photos on my blog, simply because it was such a pain to take photos of all the pages in the plastic sleeves. The photos don’t really do the book justice. I did make in fact 2 of those books… to give as Christmas gifts. This one went to Janice over at Sir Stampalot and since I hope she uses it as display I made sure to use all Magnolia stamps and images I haven’t colored in before.

Well.. lets get to the pages.. I will show half today and the rest next time so it doesn’t get too boring for you guys.

birthday calendar_1

So I started out with a 1.5 inch Office Depot/Staples brand ring book binder in white and covered it with pretty Magnolia papers.

The papers used are: Magnolia ink quilt and a paper from last years valentines line. The image is Magnolia Tilda on balloon – the sentiment is computer generated by my very talented friend Tammi.
dies uses are by Spellbinder, Joy Crafts butterfly border, butterfly and Memory box circle on sale
There is a lot of distressing and gesso on the pagesbirthday calendar

I covered the spine and also the reverse side of the binder with design papers. if you plan out your layout carefully you will be fine with 2 sheets of coordinating 12x12 papers. Making sure you will pick papers that have no left or right pattern, so you can use the scraps in any direction.

For the month of January I used Magnolia Tilda with snowflake and stamped some little snowflakes in the edges
The lines of the pages are computer generated

Calendar_January

Every reverse side of a month has on the back a cute little sentiment, which I matted twice and heat embossed every single piece before adhering it.
For the month of February I used Magnolia Lonely Tilda with heart, love corner and some simple heart outlined stamps – all made by Magnolia

Calendar_Februaryseams I forgot to take a photo of March lol…
moving on to the month of April. I used for the page Magnolia Tilda with umbrella, Post card stamp and some swirls

Calendar_April

All pages are colored with Copic markers and I tried to keep the colors the same so even if I moved on from the cold months to reds for December it the pages kind of worked and were not too off when flipping through the book. Just stick with a few basic colors and it will make the job much easier. Not saying that if you make the book all in one session you aren’t going to be annoyed with it on the 6th page lol. I think its easier to just make 1-2 pages per week and in between do something else.
For May I used
Tilda with Lollipop (one of the summer collections), New York stamp, Chocolate and script stamps

Calendar_March

I know, I know… you guys figured it… the Zodiacs would be awesome to make something like that for a friend Smile They are all for sale now at Sir Stampalot. This is going to make such a pretty gift for a friend. I know everyone I made one so far loved the books.

Magnolia Zodiac Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment